The SPLASH/ECOOP Student Volunteers program presents an opportunity for students worldwide to associate with some of the leading personalities in industry and research in the following areas: programming languages, object-oriented technology, and software development. Student volunteers get the opportunity to work with the SPLASH/ECOOP organizing committees and other students around the world and be a part of this premier event.
As a student volunteer, you will aid in the smooth running of the conference events by performing several crucial tasks. For instance, managing videos from participants, co-hosting conference sessions virtually with session chairs, assisting session organizers and monitoring sessions, maintaining Slack channels for the event, driving virtual social activities, etc.
All student volunteers are required to submit the application form. The application deadline is October 8th, 2020. All student volunteers are expected to be available from November 15th through November 20th of 2020. Volunteers are also expected to be available for some amount of pre-event discussion and relevant training.
Applicants can be undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D. students in computer science and related fields.
In exchange for performing their volunteer duties (expected ~ 10-15 hours), student volunteers gain:
- Complimentary student conference registration
- Participate in all virtual conference events
- Participate in all virtual social events
- Closely interact with top researchers, mentors, and other students in programming languages, object-oriented technology and software development fields
- Be a part of first-ever virtual SPLASH and ECOOP
SPLASH/ECOOP Student Volunteers should:
- Be reliable, organized, and punctual
- Be highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- Be proactive and a quick-learner
- Be fluent in English
For additional information, clarifications, and questions please contact the SPLASH’20 Student Volunteer Co-Chairs (Robert Dyer and Samantha Khairunnesa) or ECOOP’20 Student Volunteer Co-Chairs (Toni Mattis and Jacob Hughes) at firstname.lastname@example.org.