Registered user since Wed 11 Mar 2020
Richard Wai is the Founder and Managing Director of ANNEXI-STRAYLINE, a start-up focused on the practical application of proven High Integrity technologies to mainstream software, particularly in large-scale cloud (SaaS) and IoT applications. Richard is an evangelist for the safety and maintainability provided by the Ada language, and is a member of the ISO Ada Rapporteur Group, tasked with the ongoing development of the Ada language.
Richard began programming at an early age, with a particular interest in building practical, user-friendly software for non-technical users. Richard spent time studying higher-level design processes, and is working to bring the craftsmanship and diligence common in other creative and technical professions to the software industry, with the goal of promoting a disciplined, mature, and maintainability-oriented approach to mainstream software engineering. Richard holds an Honors Bachelor of Architecture with Distinction from the University of Toronto.
- Tuesday Panel: Language support for parallel and distributed computing
- XERIS/APEX: Hyperscaling with Ada
- Committee Member in Program Committee within the HILT 2020-track
- Session Chair of HILT workshop Monday sessions (part of HILT 2020)
- Committee Member in Organizing Committee within the HILT 2020-track
- Session Chair of HILT workshop Tuesday sessions (part of HILT 2020)
View general profile